AGAPÉ CLUB INFORMATION
A word to which Christianity gave new meaning. Outside of the New Testament, it rarely occurs in existing Greek manuscripts of the period.
Agapé denotes an undefeatable benevolence and unconquerable goodwill that always seeks the highest good of the other person, no matter what he does. It is the self-giving love that gives freely wihtout asking anything in return, and does not consider the worth of its object.
Agapé is more a love by choice than philos, which is love by chance; and it refers to the will rather than the emotions.
Agapé describes the unconditional love God has for the world.
VISION & MISSION
- To promote the sport of running
- To encourage a spirit of Christian fellowship amongst members, to impart the joy of the Lord and to witness to others about the Love of God, particularly agapé love
- To provide members and visitors with regularly arranged running activities so that they can enjoy and improve their running
- To affiliate to the South African and appropriate Provincial Marathon/Road Running Associations and to participate in the affairs of these associations
- To be a separate legal persona apart from its members.
AGAPÉ CLUB COLORS
Agapé Athletics Club clothing consists of a
custom-designed red and blue top and dark blue shorts. Our clothing is available
from Run-a-way Sports:
302 Freesia Street
Tel no: 012 361 3733/8
Blue Shorts can be purchased at any sports shop
Men's and Ladies tops: R 220 each
AGAPE RACE 2018
De Wet de Beer
082 373 2987